A few notes of thanks…
A very special thank you must go to Kory Aversa of Aversa PR and Events. This year, more so than even the first and second years, Kory truly felt part of the planning team. Not only did he attend a team planning meeting, the Preview Party and help round up talent for the Pop-up Shop, but we take full credit for the degree in “crisis management” he earned while representing us this summer. Kory has always gone above and beyond what was necessary to communicate the facts of the situation and underscore the true mission of our event. We also can’t thank his staff enough for their support leading up to the event (love those countdown pictures, Lauryn) and their execution at the event: Lauryn Resotka, Gabbi Townsend, Eri Washington and Dashiell Sears.
No amount of thank you’s could possibly be said to the 100 plus volunteers (group leaders, table hosts and on-site volunteers ) who supported our event this year. We absolutely cannot do this event without them. We must also specially thank our 7 member planning team who worked with us from April until August to brainstorm, create, and execute hundreds of ideas from the LOVE sign to seating charts, from hashtags to responding to tweets, from printing signs to measuring spaces in the dark at 5 am. Jennifer, Juli, LeeAnne, Mirka, Neil, Sabina, and Sydney: thank you for enduring so many hours of long conversations with nothing to eat but Swedish Fish and Peanut M&M’s. You are both the wheels and the fuel that makes DEB possible.
Which leads us to… THE EVENT
Thank you again to everyone at the City of Philadelphia and Avenue of the Arts, Inc. for their support and hard work leading up to the event and the day of the event.
– To those at the Kimmel Center, especially Casey and Dave, thank you for helping us weather those few last minute problems 🙂
– For the third year in a row, thank you to Garces Catering for offering three gourmet meals to guests. Thank you Nick, Beth, and Adam for the many conversations, long hours, last minute requests, etc.
– Thank you to DiBruno Bros and Amy for another year of deliciosio cheese and charcuterie platters. While many of the guests prefer to shop at one of your stores, there were plenty who loved the convenience of your catering options
– Thank you to the beautiful and creative Dom Streater for designing our dresses. We had so much fun during all stages of the process – viewing the sketches, selecting the fabric, the fittings, and the final unveiling. Thank you for your time, your talents, and your enthusiasm!
– Thank you Lillet for keeping the media refreshed throughout the evening and participating in the pre-DEB events
– Thank you to Petit Jardin en Ville for adding color to the en blanc ensemble with your gorgeous flower arrangements
– To our friends at Arway Linens for the endless supply of white linens
– Our favorite printer, Mike Browne at Next Century Printing: printed words are not enough to express our thanks!
– A special thank you to Meghan McGarrigle and the staff of Philly in Focus for their beautiful video from this year’s event
– Roland Sotello for the beautiful white car parked in front of the Kimmel Center
– Thank you to Javier Arceo at A2 Strategies for working with us to source the amazing insulated white tote bags and this year’s #DEBPHL14 wristbands
– Thank you to The Modern Photobooth and Premium Entertainment and NJ Photo Booth Rentals for helping guests capture those picture perfect moments
– To our photographers: Johanna AustinArt, HughE. Dillon, Charles Mostoller Photography, Alessandra Nicole Photography, and Inna Race Photography. Thank you for the being in the right spot at the right time and creating those visual memories of the many moments of the evening.
– To the “Most Elegant” Contest Judges: Jeffrey Acker, Conni Alexandrian McDonnell, Carolee Cook, Ian Michael Crumm, Courtney Lapresi, Brenda Oliver-Morgan, Penny Ordway, Nicole Paloux, Sabir Peele and Vincent Vienne. Thank you for your time and helping spread the elegance that evening.
– Thank you to our “Most Elegant” Contest Sponsors: Williams-Sonoma at the Bellevue, Philadelphia, Sofitel Philadelphia, Townsend Restaurant, Eviama Life Spa, Duke & Winston, France Magazine, Touché Accessories
– A special thank you to Sofitel Philadelphia, Vincent Vienne, General Manager, and his Staff for hosting the amazing after-party
And, of course, none of DEB would be possible with the advice and support of Dîner en Blanc International and Aymeric Pasquier, Sandy Safi, Jessica Dorval and Annie Moonien
Read on to learn more about the activities leading up to the final day… Part III